Buy, rent and finance real estate
Successful acquisition and financing of an investment property
StartHousing regularly helps private individuals and professional real estate investors with the purchase of an investment property. An investment property is a property that is purchased with the aim of renting it out and thereby making a return. In addition to looking for a property, StartHousing also provides guidance on the purchasing process, selecting and screening suitable tenants and taking care of the lease. Optionally, the management of your building can be outsourced to our sister organization 365Management.
How do you finance an investment property? Providers real estate mortgages in the Netherlands Standards of real estate mortgage
• In general, the norms for obtaining a real estate mortgage are as follows:
• To obtain a real estate mortgage, it is necessary to make a separate valuation of the property. The valuation must show the (future) value in the rented state. That means: the value that the property has when the tenants are in it. The value in rented condition depends strongly on the level of the rental income that is generated and may deviate from the sales value that the property has if it is not rented out.
• A minimum income requirement of € 45,000 gross on an annual basis applies to one of the real estate banks. In principle, the other banks are not tested for income.
• At most real estate banks, a maximum of 70 to 80% of the value in the rented state is financed. This means that you have to bring in 20 to 30% of your own capital and the additional costs for the purchase yourself.
• When obtaining a real estate mortgage it is considered desirable by banks that you make at least 25% profit on your monthly costs with the rental income.
• A real estate mortgage can be arranged in 3 to 5 weeks, provided that the valuation report is available and the application is submitted perfectly and completely to the right real estate bank in one go. (You can be taken care of in that.)